Buzz words these days - eco friendly, environmentally friendly, green.....well none of those words describe me.....but I do like to use products that protect my family's health. Here are a few ideas that use ingredients you probably already have in your home. Sometimes it's overwhelming to change your cleaning routine but start slowly and pretty soon your house will be toxin free and also clean!
MULTI PURPOSE SPRAY CLEANER
Ingredients:
16 oz empty spray bottle
Purified Water to fill bottle
2 tsp. Sunshine Concentrate or glycerin - Sunshine Concentrate found on naturessunshine.com
Add a total of approximately 30 drops essential oils - these are also found on naturessunshine.com (these are high quality pure oils - it's worth it to get the best)
oils: tea tree, eucalyptus, pink grapefruit, lemon, pine needle, thyme, clove, rosemary, lavender,
I usually use at least 3 different oils.
Instructions:
Shake lightly.
Spray on counter tops including granite and sinks - Wipe up with a damp sponge.
Spray on windows and mirrors then dry with paper towel.
Spray lightly on a clean cloth and use to dust furniture.
When I say multi purpose, I mean multi purpose!
TUB AND SHOWER CLEANER
Ingredients:
Baking Soda
Multi Purpose Cleaner
Instructions:
Spray shower or tub with the multi purpose cleaner and sprinkle liberally with the baking soda.
Scrub with a good scrubbing brush.
TOILET BOWL CLEANER
Ingredients:
1 cup vinegar
Instructions:
Flush toilet and then pour about 1 cup vinegar into the toilet being sure to hit under the rim.
Let sit for half an hour.
Scrub well with a toilet brush.
To clean the outside of the bowl, spray multi purpose cleaner on tank and seat and around the base and wipe up with a sponge.
I's amazing how easy non-toxic cleaning can be!
I like these suggestions...hey, what about putting some recipes for healthy food on your blog?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, keep blogging...I love reading your stuff.
Love Marilyn